maandag 29 februari 2016

Britten & Brülightly - a graphic novel review


Private Detective Fernández Britten has been burned out after years of confirming the worst suspicions of jealous lovers. , The heartbreaker 'is consumed by repentance about ruined lives, but clings to the hope ever revealing something that will have positive consequences.
And so, Britten and his unusual partner are investigating Berni Kudos's death. Blackmale, revenge, murder: With each discovery they land deeper into a swamp of troublesome family secrets. A special noir story in which nothing is black and white.

Both the story and the drawings are from, the unknown to me, Hannah Berry. I myself find this album one of the better detective comics. The story makes me curious and exciting. Although Britten's character does not lend itself to fierce action scenes, because he looks too depressed and does not care what happens to him, this album contains some of these scenes. That makes the story exciting.
Although this graphic novel is not humorous, there are some bits where I had to smile. It soon becomes clear that Britten speaks with a tea bag that is even talking back.

At first the drawings did not really appeal to me, but now that I read the story, I see that the style fits the story. Britten looks so depressed eyes that it enhances its character and thus the story.

I think Berry's first graphic novel is very original and I am very impressed with it and loved reading it. Berry has three albums in her name.


---

Tags and links:
Detective
Britten & Brülightly on Catawiki
Britten & Brülightly on Wikipedia

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten